A perfectly competitive market has the following characteristics:
- There are many buyers and sellers in the market.
- Each company makes a similar product.
- Buyers and sellers have access to perfect information about price.
- There are no transaction costs.
- There are no barriers to entry into or exit from the market.
What are the characteristics of a perfect competition?
PERFECT COMPETITION, CHARACTERISTICS: The four key characteristics of perfect competition are: (1) a large number of small firms, (2) identical products sold by all firms, (3) perfect resource mobility or the freedom of entry into and exit out of the industry, and (4) perfect knowledge of prices and technology.
What is the perfect competition?
Pure or perfect competition is a theoretical market structure in which the following criteria are met: all firms sell an identical product (the product is a "commodity" or "homogeneous"); all firms are price takers (they cannot influence the market price of their product); market share has no influence on price; buyers